Thursday, May 14, 2009

JOSH BEECH Exclusive! Q+A with the Rising Star!

Josh Beech is a rising star in the modeling world. The British Rocker from South London has appeared in a Burberry campaign photographed by Mario Testino, has graced the pages of Dazed and Confused, i-D, and was featured on the cover of Vogue Hommes International photographed by Hedi Slimane, which set his career into over-drive. He is not just a handsome face; he has his eyes set a music career with his well-received band SNISH.

Question: Your cover for Vogue Hommes International was amazing; I bought that issue. You worked with two of my favorite fashion icons Hedi Slimane and Carine Roitfeld. How was it working with both Hedi and Carine?

JB: One word can describe that day, actually two words FUCKING SWEEEET! Had an awesome time and everybody was really nice.

Question: Your tats photographed amazingly in the Vogue Hommes and the Dazed & Confused editorials. Do you plan on getting anymore?

JB: Yeah I have plans for some more ink but I think it’s gonna be a while before you see them. I would like to get tats on my chest and my hands but not just yet!

Question: What bands on your iPod are in heavy rotation?

JB: Hahahaha good question. My favorite band is the Deftones, I am also a huge fan of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana and The Architects. The most played album at the moment is attack and release- The Black Keys.

Question: I was listening to Wishing Well, by your band Snish; it’s one of my favorite tracks as well as Illustrations Whore. Have you always had your eyes set on a music career?

JB: Thank you very much. Yes music has always been my passion. I was one of those kids who always thought they were a rock star lol. I wanted to be John Lennon from the age of about 6.

Question: How do your band mates react when they see you in magazine and print ads?

JB: My band mates are awesome, at first they took the piss but now they are really supportive and think that it is awesome and Matt our bassist actually buys a lot of the magazines now.

HUGE MAGAZINE FEBRUARY 09

Question: I watched a Snish You Tube clip. It was a high-energy performance of a track called, I for an Eye, at Fearless Music in NYC. How do New Yorkers respond to your music?

JB: New Yorkers are some of the best people in the world. I love New York. Infact I love it there so much that I am planning to come and live there for a while. Snish went down pretty well too in Nyc which is cool.

Question: Where can fans purchase music by Snish and when can we expect a full Snish LP?

JB: At the moment you can download all our tracks from our myspace and buy a physical version of the Ep with full artwork there too.

We will be recording a Full album (9 new tracks) in the summer of 2009 so expect it in stores around September.

Question: Let’s talk a bit more about your burgeoning modeling career. You’ve walked for some big names: Givenchy, Hermes, and Versace, to name a few. Do you get nervous walking for such major luxury brands?

JB: Yes!! I get really fucking nervous. It’s weird because give me a mic or a guitar in a room of hundreds of people I am fine, but walking down a run way I shit myself lol. I think it’s because the designer has put their life into those clothes and if I fucked up I would be letting them down. It’s a lot of pressure lol!

Question: Fashion week can be a bit much for stylists and editors hustling from show to show. I can only image how it is for a model. How do you deal with the fashion week madness?

JB: I love the madness. I wish life was that crazy all the time. I love meeting new people and going to strange places you wouldn’t normally go and in fashion week you get to do that.

Question: How do you balance your time between your modeling career and your music career?

JB: I am very lucky in the fact that my band and my modeling actually help each other out. My music is obviously my first priority but they generally balance out pretty well. This summer I will miss some of the shows in June though as I am on tour!!!!

No comments: